Not a major update, but there are a nice grabbag of goodies. Changes include:
- Protection of mixed mode programming (.NET and C++) is now enhanced. If your IP is in your .NET code, select the Mixed Mode option from the AxProtector GUI and each individual method will be encrypted separately. If your IP is in the C++ code, select the standard AxProtector for Windows. If it's pure .NET (no native code) use the AxProtector .NET option. Please check with tech support if you are interested in this feature to make sure your implementation has maximum security.
- Java servlets protected with AxProtector can now run on Apache Tomcat with no server-side decryption code. This simplifies implementing protected web services.
- Also on Linux: full support for method-level encryption with IxProtector (this is now on par with the Windows implementation).
- AxProtector GUI shows new and extended project types with new icons: separate tabs show options for AxProtector or IxProtector. 32- and 64-bit versions are now combined into single options.
- Improved support for VxWorks for embedded systems allows for simultaneous use of CmDongle and CmActLicense. Digital signatures (integrety checking) is now implemented for VxWorks as well.
- Plus many more: improved security, better support for multi-threaded applications, and improved Java support. See the change log for full details.